Dog Training in West Loop Chicago
West Loop, Chicago has become one of the newest desirable neighborhoods – reaping the benefits of the social and commercial transformation that began 20 years ago. The conversion of the old warehouses and buildings into beautiful loft apartments and studios combined with the growth of cafes, clubs, theaters, and ‘trendy’ businesses such the Goose Island Brewery Tap Room, means that West Loop draws an eclectic, progressive, and professional crowd.
Dog training in West Loop – for the people who love dogs
Bolstered by the student population of the Chicago Campus of the University of Illinois, basking in the fame of Oprah Winfrey’s Harp Studios, and fed by its proximity to the downtown district of The Loop, West Loop is populated by the typical modern demographic who love and invest in their canine family members like no other generation has before – with quality dog training in high demand.
K9 University knows that you expect the highest standards for your fur-kids. Therefore, we supply nothing less than the highest standard in dog training: for energetic puppies to mature dogs.
Our Dog Training Options
- Day Camp – combine day care with a training session
- Puppy Training – train your puppy in basic obedience, socialization and manners
- Basic Obedience Training – for dogs of 5 months and older starting at the beginning with basic skills
- Dog Agility Training – fun training for your dog to build confidence and it is a great form of exercise
- Dog Training Private Lessons – ono-on-one training is available for personalized attention
- K9 Nose Work – fun training to learn the basics of scent and hunting. We teach them to hunt for their favorite toys or food
Dog Training FAQ’s
1. I have a puppy, what type of training should we do and at what age should we start?
Our Puppy Classes are for pups from 10 weeks to 5 months old and are focused on socializing your young dog from an early age. We establish a foundation for good behavior by focusing on three key areas:
- basic obedience training,
- socialization and
2. Do I need to be at the training session as well?
Yes, it is recommended. Throughout your puppy’s training course, you will develop a strong bond with him. You will also learn useful hints and tips for new puppy owners when at home.
3. Why is it important that my dog behaves appropriately?
Most people used to see dog training as a luxury as the perception was that training your dog is easy and anyone can do it without the help of a professional trainer. This still exists to a degree. Thousands of dogs are being send to shelters due to behavioral problems at home. Taking the time to teach your dog to behave appropriately will make living with her easier will increase the bond with you.
4. I have an older dog – can he still be trained?
Of course! At K9 University, we believe that even old dogs can learn new tricks! As long as your dog is physically and mentally capable of doing the training. We will not recommend some agility training sessions due to the stamina and strength required.
5. What type of training method do you use?
We practice positive reinforcement puppy training. Positive reinforcement puppy training uses praise and treats to reward your puppy when they do what you want them to.
Other services offered by K9 University
Contact us for more information about the services offered by K9 University. We can assist you with top-notch – but still highly affordable – dog boarding and training as well as other services for your beloved canines.