Chicago Dog Daycare – Experience the Difference at K9U Chicago
The Perfect Place for Your Pet: Happy, Healthy, Safe Dog
As a dog owners we all lead busy lives. Between work, family and friends, it is inevitable that our dogs will be left at home alone.
- Concerned he’s being left alone too long?
- Is she not getting enough socialization with or play time?
- Is he showing destructive behavior when you’re away?
Dogs are social beings and it is common for dogs that are left alone for long periods of time to develop problems such as separation anxiety, excessive barking and destructive behavior. This is why K9 University (K9U) provides doggie daycare for dogs in Chicago.
Regular Business Traveller? K9U Chicago Doggie Daycare Is the Answer!
Dog daycare is a great way to ensure you dogs are safe, stimulated and cared for during the hours or days you are away from home. K9U has the largest and nicest indoor and outdoor play areas in Chicago complete with playground equipment and controlled environment. All Dogs are welcome. Our personalized programs, experienced professional care givers, and trainers cater to dogs of all breeds, ages, temperaments and behaviors, including dogs with special needs and aggressive behavior patterns.
- 29,000 sq. ft. indoor & outdoor play areas
- 15,000+ sq. ft. of K9Grass® outside play area
- 24 hour staff
- Supervised play time
- Learning key social skills
- Individualized and special needs care
- Transportation Services
- Indoor Climate Controlled
- Different play areas based on your dog’s
K9U Chicago Dog Daycare Pricing
Daycare & Packages For Daycare Page
Daycare With Transportation
Additional Services & Fees - Daycare & Boarding
|Special Handling Fee for Individual Dogs||$5.00||This fee is for reactive dogs or dogs that need special attention and cannot be in groups|
|Bath / Grooming||$35 and up||Shampoo, Condition & Blow Dry|
|Nail Clip||$15||$20 Dremel|
|Report Card||free||Video or Picture of your dog with a description of how your pooch is doing.|
|Late Pick-up from K9U After Business Hours (For Walk-in Customers)||$10||Please contact us during office hours to book it. We will do our very best to accommodate your schedule up to 9:30 PM. If the dog is not picked-up by then, boarding charges will apply for the night.|
|Early Drop Off Fee Before Business Hours (for Walk-in customers)||$5||We will accommodate your schedule from 6:30 AM on. Please contact us during office hours to book it.|
|Attempted Pick-up or Drop-off Fee||$15||When driver tries to pick-up the dog and can't due to reasons that are not in K9U Chicago's control (e.g., door person does not have the key) or in case of cancellation when driver is already on the way to get the dog.|
|Last Minute Reservation (up to midnight)||$5||Reservations need to be booked 24 hours in advance. Our goal is to provide you with the most flexibility that you need for unusual situations. We will do our best to accommodate late reservations for additional $5 up to midnight the night before.|
|Group Social Rehab - as an Added Service with daycare/ boarding||$20||Reservations required in advance|
|Group Social Rehab - as a Drop-in Service||$30||Reservations required in advance. Confirm availability and drop off between 10:30am-11:30am am and pick up by 2:00 pm)|
|Individual Activities/Play My Way||$15||Individual play, ball toss or treadmill, quiet time, group socialization|
|Agility Training Additional Service||$20||Agility training service for our daycare and boarding dogs for high energy dogs.|
|Agility Training As a Drop-In Service||$40||Agility Drop-In service for our daycare and boarding dogs for high energy dogs.|
|Boarding After 12pm Checkout Fee||$38||Daycare fee will be added to all boarding reservations checked out after 12pm on the departure date|
$5 extra per daycare on the following Holidays:
|Thanksgiving: Friday; | Christmas: December 26; | New Year: January 2; | 4th of July: July 5;|
$5 extra per boarding night on the following special Holidays:
|Thanksgiving: Wed - Fri on Thanksgiving, 2 nights | Christmas: December 24-26 ; | New Year: December 31 - January 2; | 4th of July: July 3-5;|
Unique Services at K9U Chicago
We offer doggy daycare that no other dog daycare service in Chicago offers, including:
- All doggy types are welcome. Does your dog need special attention? Is he or she temperamental? Do he or she have a tendency to be reactive? Do not worry. We will take care of him.
- We accept unspayed dogs as well and offer them a chance to socialize.
- If you can’t drop off your dog, we can pick him up. Our dog shuttle services in Chicago offer pick-up and drop-off facilities for dog daycare and boarding.
- With group classes or custom training for your dog, your dog will learn everything from obedience to interesting tricks.
- We have an experienced staff who handle all kinds of dogs, big or small, shy or aggressive, and give them the attention and care they need.
Our Staff Is the Heartbeat of K9U
Caring for dogs goes beyond just knowledge; it requires genuine love, understanding, and expertise. At K9U, our team embodies these values. Dog daycare isn’t merely about the basics like feeding or play; it’s about fostering deep connections, both dog-to-dog and human-to-dog.
Our staff is adept at:
- Observing and understanding your dog’s unique behavior.
- Strategically grouping dogs for optimal social interaction and based on temperaments.
- Engaging with each dog to ensure they feel valued and understood.
Here’s why our staff stands out:
- Team members are not only trained and experienced in dog care but also shares a deep love for our dogs.
- With a diverse range of dogs under our care, safety is paramount. Our staff diligently follows and enforces our safety protocols, ensuring peace of mind for every pet owner.
At K9U, our staff isn’t just our strength; they’re our family, dedicated to making your dog’s experience exceptional.
For detailed information about the schedule of dogs at K9U, please click here.
What Do We Need to Get Started with Daycare
The followings are the required Vaccinations for any K9U service: Distemper, Parvo, Rabies, Bordatella, H3N2, Lepto. We recommend fecal test done every few months. Please be sure to fax or email us current record of these for our files.
- Be sure we have a profile for you and your pouch in our system by registering online.
- Upload vaccination records to your online profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s no one answer to this question. Some dogs thrive in daycare while others need some work before they become socialized enough to enjoy dog daycare. A good daycare will work with your dog to make them more comfortable and develop their social skills.
Ready to Play?
Chicago dogs love fun days in our Indoor-Outdoor Dog Park
Indoor & Outdoor Dog Oasis With Owner Peace of Mind
Personalized Attention for Your Dog
At K9U, we understand that each client dog is unique. No one size fits all here. We offer personalized exercise and play conditioning. We have the expertise and amenities to accommodate each dog’s individual needs regardless of age, size, temperament, or special circumstances. Please talk with us about your pet’s needs and let us customize a program for them. Here are a few the things we topically specialize:
Live worry free and book your dogs into their home away from home
Responsible pet ownership in Chicago has never been easier. You no longer have to worry about your dog being home alone while you are out. The K9 University offers dog daycare and boarding facilities. From puppy daycare to transportation and sleepovers in extra-large “K9 condo kennels” if you are going to be out all night, we are your pets’ home away from home.