Dog Boarding and Training South Loop Chicago
The South Loop is fast becoming Chicago’s up-and-coming area with a seemingly endless variety of attractions including Buddy Guy’s Legends, the Merle Reskin Theatre, and Old St. Mary’s Church. With so much to see and do it may be difficult for the dog lovers among us to attend regular dog training lessons. That is why it’s good to know that K9 University offers all-inclusive dog boarding and training in the South Loop.
Dog Boarding and Training:
The ultimate convenient solution, sending your pooch on an all-in-one dog boot camp is a quick and effective way for your dog to learn basic obedience, manners and life skills. Best of all? It requires almost no time or effort from you!
Our puppy boot camp teaches manners and life skills, including riding in a car, socializing and other basic skills. Our K9 boot camp tackles more complex behavioral issues with compassionate, sensible and effective training. We have a host of other training classes too depending on the age or level of your pooch.
Types of Training Classes:
- Puppy Training and Socialization – Our puppy classes are designed for puppies 10 weeks to 5 months old and teach basic obedience, manners and socialization.
- Basic Obedience Training – This class teaches basic skills such as sit, down, stand, stay, come, watch, touch and leave it, to how to walk on a leash and more.
- Agility Training – Teaching teamwork, discipline and communication, agility classes develop your dog’s confidence, while giving them (and you!) a great work out too!
- Private Lessons while Boarding – While we encourage socialization between dogs, we understand that some dogs may do better one-on-one with less distraction and personal attention.
- K9 Nose Work – Nose work is a fun sport that develops your dog’s amazing sense of smell and natural desire to hunt by sniffing and locating a scent.
Other services offered:
- Doggie DayCare – When you’re away from home, make sure your dogs are safe, stimulated and cared for by booking them in to doggie daycare!
- Pickup and Drop off – With our convenient pickup and drop off service, we’ll get your dog to and from Doggie Daycare every day.
- Dog Grooming – From bathing and hair removal, to shedding and nail trimming, our dog grooming services cover all the basics and more!
Dog Boarding and Training FAQ’s
- At what age should I send my dog for boarding and training?
Puppies can start from 10 weeks up to 5 months old. However, we accept dogs of all ages for boarding and training.
- What does a typical day of training look like?
Training may vary according to your dog’s specific needs, age or level of training previously completed. A typical day will start with teaching your dog to focus – how to walk on a leash and come when called. This is followed by basic obedience training – sit, stay, come, down, heal, etc. Manners and Life Skills training includes riding in a car, visiting pet friendly areas and socializing, both with people and other dogs.
- Can I book my dog for grooming as well during the boarding and training?
Yes! Simply let us know which services you would like at the time of reservation or drop off.
- Will my dog not only listen to you after boot camp?
The training given with ‘Board and Train’ gives your dog manners, socialization and agility skills that are still in place when they get home to you. Don’t forget, we also revise everything we taught your dog with you in a private training session before you take your dog home.
- I am going on vacation soon – can my dog be trained in 14 days?
We like to evaluate each dog individually to assess their training needs, but we do offer a selection of ‘Board and Train’ packages according to the dog’s length of stay and the amount of training you would like him or her to receive.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact us to find out more about dog boarding and training in the South Loop today! With compassionate staff on hand 24-hours a day, climate controlled indoor play rooms and two outdoor exercise areas, there’s no doubt your dog will benefit from a training program designed specifically to meet their needs at K9 University.