Dog Training South Loop Chicago
There is so much to see and do in the South Loop, such as the Field Museum, Adler Planetarium and Shedd Aquarium on the Museum Campus alone. The city hosts major events including the Chicago Blues Festival. It offers a seemingly endless number of restaurants, music clubs, and theaters. Obviously, there’s no doubt you’re going to spend a lot of time out-and-about with your furry friend. This is why it’s so important to ensure your dog is properly trained. Luckily, K9 University offers professional dog training classes in the South Loop, so, you can make sure your pooch is always cool, calm and collected.
At K9 University, we provide dog training in the South Loop for every level of ability, including:
- Puppy Training
Our puppy classes are designed for puppies 10 weeks to 5 months old and teach basic obedience, manners, and socialization.
- Basic Obedience Training
This class teaches the basic commands such as “sit”, “down”, “stand”, “stay”, “come”, “watch”, “touch” and “leave it”. It also teaches you the basic cues for good manners and leash walking.
- Agility Training
Designed to build confidence and mentally stimulate your dog, agility classes teach teamwork, discipline, and communication. They’re also a great form of exercise for both you and your pooch!
- Dog Boarding and Training
A dog boarding and training camp is ideal for training basic obedience, manners and life skills. We specialize in puppy camps, as well as boot camps for dogs with behavioral problems.
- Private Lessons
While we encourage socialization between dogs, we understand that some dogs might do better one-on-one. Or perhaps you do not have the time for regular dog training classes? If so, we’ll even come to your home for your convenience!
- Nose Work
Nose work is a fun sport that develops your dog’s amazing sense of smell and natural desire to hunt by sniffing and locating a scent.
Other services offered:
- Doggie DayCare – Make sure your dogs are safe, stimulated and cared for while you’re away from home by booking them into our doggie daycare!
- Dog Boarding – With a climate-controlled, loving and supervised environment offering hours of fun and games, we’ve taken dog boarding to another level.
- Pickup and Drop off – For your convenience, our pickup and drop off service means you never have to worry about how to get your dog to and from Doggie Daycare!
- Dog Grooming – Our dog grooming services cover all the basics, including bathing, hair removal, shedding, and nail trimming. However, if you want to treat your pooch to some extra special pampering, give us a call!
Dog Training South Loop Chicago FAQ’s
- Why should my puppy be trained?
Living in a busy city, it is important to conduct early socialization sessions. Our Puppy Classes will also teach you how to ensure your pup becomes a happy, healthy, polite and housebroken pet you’ll be proud of.
- What training programs do you offer?
We offer a range of programs for all ages and levels of ability, including Puppy Training, Basic Obedience Training, Dog Agility Training and K9 Nose Work. We also offer dog boarding and training that provides immersive one-on-one extended stay training at our facility, as well as private lessons to help your dog reach their full potential.
- What types of dogs do you train?
We train all types of dogs, from as young as 10 weeks old!
- Can you train my dog at my home?
Of course! Private lessons can be scheduled at your home for your convenience or at our spacious facility.
- What vaccinations are required prior to my dog being trained?
To safeguard the health and wellbeing of all K9U students, you must bring copies of your dog’s Distemper/Parvo, Rabies, and Bordetella vaccinations to the first class.
- What age should my puppy be to start training?
Puppies can start training from 10 weeks old.
So, if you’re looking for dog training in the South Loop, then contact K9 University in Chicago to make a booking today! With highly experienced trainers and the most extensive facilities available, we offer personalized, affordable training at our facility or at your home!