Dog Boarding and Training Lincoln Park
Known for its quiet, green lake, the Lincoln Park Zoo, and the Chicago History Museum, Lincoln Park is one of Chicago’s most beautiful and busy neighborhoods. Precisely why it’s so important to ensure your pooch is well trained and good with other people and dogs. Of course, it’s sometimes difficult to make it to regular dog training, which is why K9 University offers dog boarding and training in Lincoln Park for your convenience.
Dog Boarding and Training
Sending your pooch on an all-in-one dog boot camp is a quick and effective way for him/her to learn basic obedience and life skills. Our K9 boot camp is designed to tackle more complex behavioral issues such as aggression or anxiety. Best of all? It requires almost no time or effort from you!
We have several other training classes available too depending on your dog’s age or ability:
- Puppy Training – Best for pups 10 weeks to 5 months old. The puppy classes teach basic obedience, manners and socialization – think of it as puppy boot camp!
- Basic Obedience Training – Covering skills such as sit, down, stand, stay, come, watch, touch and leave it to how to walk on a leash and more, this class covers all the basics of obedience.
- Agility Training – Agility classes develop your dog’s confidence while teaching teamwork, discipline, and communication between you and your dog.
- Nose Work – Develop your dog’s amazing sense of smell and natural desire to hunt with this fun sport.
- Private Lessons while Boarding – As much as we encourage all dogs to socialize, some dogs do better in a one-on-one lesson with less distraction.
Other services offered:
- Doggie DayCare – Make sure your dogs are safe, stimulated and cared for at doggie daycare while you’re away from home.
- Pickup and Drop off – We’ll get your dog to and from Doggie Daycare or to their grooming appointment with our convenient pickup and drop off service.
- Dog Grooming – Choose from our selection of dog grooming services, including bathing, hair removal, shedding, nail trimming and more!
Dog Boarding and Training FAQ’s
- Where does my dog stay during board and train?
Your dog enjoys all the perks of five-star boarding when booked in for ‘Board and Train’.: 24-hour staff, clean bedding, scheduled meals and plenty of exercise in our indoor and outdoor facility.
- What can I expect when my dogs come home from training?
Your dog will have mastered a whole host of new skills, manners and basic commands and obedience cues. This will make your life at home so much more pleasant for both you and your pet!
- My dog has never been away from me; will he be able to cope?
While some dogs may miss their owners at first, they soon bond with their trainers and settle into a busy routine of free play, socialization and training. This will keep them active and engaged throughout their stay.
- What age should a puppy be to attend the puppy boot camp?
Puppies can attend boot camp from the age of 10 weeks old. They must have had their second set of vaccinations before they come to stay with us.
- What does my dog’s day look like when he comes for boot camp?
Training is dependent on the age and ability of each dog. Typically, each day allows time for plenty of rest and play, as well as more structured time for obedience/behavioral training and manners and life skills training. Training includes riding in a car, visiting pet friendly areas and socializing, both with people and other dogs.
So, do yourself and your furry friend a favor – contact us today to book your pet in for dog boarding and training in Lincoln Park! As one of Chicago’s largest and best dog training facilities, K9 University combines excellent boarding with expert training. It is a luxury boot camp for dogs!