Dog Grooming Lincoln Park
Lincoln Park, from which the neighborhood got its name, stretches for miles and contains the Lincoln Park Zoo, the Chicago History Museum, North Avenue Beach and the Apollo Theatre, to name a few of its attractions. With a host of other green spaces in and around the area too, it’s a popular destination for dog lovers… but keeping your dog looking his best when he’s been exploring can be a challenge. Fortunately, K9 University offers convenient dog grooming in Lincoln Park!
Dog Grooming Services
Keeping your dog well-groomed is essential to their health and happiness, which is why we offer dog grooming in Lincoln Park for your convenience, including:
- Hair removal
- Nail trimming
You can also book your pooch in for grooming while he or she is in doggie daycare or boarding with us. Simply let us know what services you would like when you book or drop your dog off and we’ll take care of the rest!
Other services offered:
- Dog Training – At K9 University, we provide dog training for every level of ability -from Basic Obedience Training to Dog Agility Training and more.
- Dog Boarding – With a climate-controlled, loving and supervised environment, we’ve taken dog boarding to another level to give you peace of mind while you’re away.
- Doggie DayCare – Being left alone for long periods of time can lead to problems like separation anxiety or destructive behavior. Book your dogs into our doggie daycare and make sure they are safe, stimulated and cared for while you’re out.
- Puppy Training – Our puppy classes are ideal for puppies 10 weeks to 5 months old and teach basic obedience, manners and socialization.
- Pickup and Drop off – We’ve got a team of experienced dog handlers available to help get your dog to and from Doggie Daycare, Dog Grooming or Training on time with our convenient pickup and drop off service!
Dog Grooming FAQ’s
- Can I book an appointment for my puppy during boarding?
Yes! Simply let us know which services you would like at the time of reservation or drop off.
- What is the best way to train my dog for a nail clipping?
Nail trimming is a completely painless process, but it does need to be done at least once a month. Fortunately, the more regularly you do it, the more quickly your dog will become used to it.
- Why is grooming your dog important?
Grooming is such a vital part of a dog’s health and well-being, that it needs to be done on a regular basis. It can increase your best friend’s lifespan.
- When to groom a puppy?
You can start grooming your puppy from when they are old enough to feel comfortable being handled. This is usually from about 10-12 weeks of age. Please bear in mind that they should also have had their second round of vaccines before you book your first appointment with us.
- How often should I brush my dog?
As often as necessary! Regular brush outs keep your dog’s hair in good condition by removing dirt, preventing knots and tangles and keeping the skin clean and irritant-free.
- My dog hates the grooming process. How can I make grooming less stressful?
Grooming should not be a stressful experience. Fortunately, at K9 University, our highly experienced groomers and trainers know just what to do to make the experience as stress-free as possible. A calm, loving environment and plenty of treats go a long way to making it a positive experience!
If you’ve been on the hunt for a doggie salon that offers personalized pampering for your pooch, then contact K9 University in Chicago to find out more about our dog grooming in Lincoln Park. We offer a range of services and a la carte packages tailor made to meet your pets every need!