Dog Training Lincoln Park
From the Lincoln Park Zoo to the Chicago History Museum, Kingston Mines and the Goose Island Brew Pub, there’s so much to see and do in and around Lincoln Park. Even more reason to ensure your dog is properly trained – both for the safety of your pet and those around you.
Fortunately, K9 University offers professional dog training in Lincoln Park, so you can take your pet out-and-about with confidence.
Types of Dog Training:
- Puppy Training – Our puppy classes are designed for puppies 10 weeks to 5 months old and teach basic obedience, manners, and socialization
- Basic Obedience Training – This class teaches the basic skills such as sit, down, stand, stay, come, watch, touch and leave it, while teaching you how basic cues for good manners and leash walking.
- Agility Training – Designed to build confidence and mentally stimulate your dog, agility classes teach teamwork, discipline, and communication. They’re also a great form of exercise for both you and your pooch!
- K9 Nose Work – Nose work is a fun sport that develops your dog’s amazing sense of smell and natural desire to hunt by sniffing and locating a scent.
- Private Lessons – While we encourage socialization between dogs, we understand that some dogs may do better one-on-one. Perhaps you do not have the time to attend regular dog training classes? In that case, we’ll even come to your home – how is that for convenience!
K9 University also offers a dog boarding and training camp. This camp combines excellent boarding facilities with expert training. Designed for dogs with behavioral issues, or for people who don’t have the time to attend regular training sessions, boarding and training offer a convenient solution – think of it as doggie boot camp!
Other services offered:
- Doggie DayCare – Make sure your dogs are kept safe, stimulated and cared for while you’re away from home – book them into our doggie daycare!
- Pickup and Drop off – Our pickup and drop off service means you never have to worry about how to get your dog to and from Doggie Daycare. Like all our services, itis run by a team of experienced dog handlers.
- Dog Grooming – From bathing, hair removal, shedding, and nail trimming, our dog grooming covers all the basics, and more!
Dog training FAQ’s
- I have a puppy, what type of training should we do and at what age should we start?
Our Puppy Classes are for pups from 10 weeks to 5 months old and are focused on socializing your young dog from an early age. We establish a foundation for good behavior by focusing on three key areas, including basic obedience training and manners.
- Do I need to be at the training session as well?
Yes. Throughout your puppy’s training course, you will develop a strong bond with him. You will also learn useful hints and tips for new puppy owners when at home.
- Do you offer private dog training lessons?
Yes. Our private dog training is arranged to suit your schedule. It is a quick and convenient way to teach your dog good behavior. We’ll even come to your home!
- How many classes should I attend with my puppy?
Puppy Classes run over 5 weeks, with one lesson per week.
- Do you offer in-home training for puppies?
While we encourage interaction and socialization between dogs, we fully understand that there are owners who don’t have time for regularly scheduled dog training classes. So, why not give us a call to discuss your needs.
Help your dog reach his or her full potential with personalized training that’s tailored to their age and ability. Find out more about dog training in Lincoln Park or book a free evaluation for your pooch – contact K9 University in Chicago today!