Dog Boarding and Training in Wicker Park
Wicker Park is a stunning community! It is best known for its love of all things creative, hence its abundant art galleries vibrant live music venues. There are many peaceful parks scattered throughout the area. Included are the 606 Bloomingdale Trail and Walsh Park to name a few. This makes for the perfect day out for the family and man’s best friend!
Combined Dog Boarding and Training
Are you a proud resident of Wicker Park? Are you looking for dog boarding and training services in the area? If so, look no further than K9 University. We offer convenient dog boarding combined with many types of dog training including puppy training and socialization, basic dog obedience, K9 nose work, as well as private one-on-one lessons. Whether you have a dog who simply needs to learn a few basic commands, or whether you have an aggressive, nervous or reactive pet, we have a range of training and boarding options to suit your needs… Just one of the reasons why our K9 boot camp is loved by dogs and owners alike all over Chicago!
Our Other Services
Professional dog boarding and training isn’t all that we offer. We also specialize in:
- Doggy daycare, which includes pick-up and drop-off services,
- Dog grooming services where we take the time to pamper your pup! By the time your furry friend goes home, he or she will be perfectly spotless and ready for an evening of cuddles on the sofa.
Along with the above services, K9 University also boasts a joyous indoor dog park: the ideal venue for rambunctious puppy parties, dog meet-ups, and fun-filled open play.
- What is the minimum stay for boot camp training to be beneficial?
We offer stays from as short as 1 week up to 4 weeks. Come in for a free evaluation with our trainer to discuss your dog’s personalized training needs before you book your pooch in.
- I have a sensitive and fearful dog. Can boarding and training help us?
We follow a compassionate, sensible and effective approach in our behavioral training. First step is to understand the behavior and read their body language. Then we manage the unwanted behavior using positive reinforcement.
- Can I visit my dog during the training?
We advise owners not to visit their dogs during training as it can interfere with the bond they’re developing with their trainer. The training given with ‘Board and Train’ is facilitated by our expert trainers and designed to assist your dog’s learning without you being present.
- What do you need to confirm my dog’s vaccinations are current?< To safeguard the health and well-being of all K9U students, you must bring copies of your dog’s Distemper/Parvo, Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations to the first class./li>
- Why should I consider in-board training for my dog?
Designed specifically for dogs with special behavioral issues, or for busy people who can’t make it to regular training sessions, ‘Boarding and Training’ offers a personalized solution. Your dog will enjoy all our boarding perks; group play as well as the additional training you arrange according to your affordability or your dog’s needs.
Why K9 University?
K9 University is the best dog boarding and training provider in Wicker Park! We do more than simply cater to the needs of your furry friends: we love them just as much as you do! For more information about our wide range of services, or about how we can help you in terms of affordable dog boarding and training, please do not hesitate to get in touch.